Although small, the eye is a very important organ. Eyes must be kept healthy and can function properly.
Here are some tips and ways to keep your eyes healthy:
1. Eat nutritious foods
Healthy eyes start with healthy food. Nutrients such as omega-3, zinc, and vitamins C and E can reduce the risk of eye problems in old age, such as cataracts. Foods that are healthy for the eyes are:
• Green vegetables like spinach.
• Salmon, tuna.
• Eggs, nuts, and other sources of vegetable protein.
• Oranges and other fruits.
A balanced diet also helps you have an ideal body weight. Weight loss reduces the risk of developing diabetes which is one of the causes of blindness in adults.
2. Stop smoking
Cigarettes can cause cataracts and eye nerve damage.
3. Use protective glasses
When working with hazardous materials, wear protective glasses. When you are exercising extreme that can cause eye injury, you also need to use eye protection.
4. When using a computer, take time to rest
Looking at a computer or smartphone screen for a long time can cause tired eyes, blurred vision, difficulty focusing on distant vision, dry eyes, headache, neck, shoulder and back pain. There are several things you can do to protect your eyes when using a computer, namely:
• If you have myopic, make sure you wear appropriate glasses or contact lenses.
• Adjust the monitor screen, so that your eyes are aligned with the top of the monitor.
• If the … Read More